Often the patient is requiring from doctors some expectation about the process of the facial hair transplantation and the result after the operation.
The modern technique for the facial hair transplantation is the FUE (follicles Unit Extraction). It should observe that the implantation of the grafts to the face area, depending on the specific recipient area (beard, moustache, sideburns, cheeks or any combination thereof), requires defined number of grafts (hair follicles) to achieve a satisfactory and natural result as expectation of the patient. The number of transplanted hair follicles depends of the morphology of the patient’s face and vary in order of scars restoration or enhance the density.
Beard Transplant can be completed in one session or more rarely (two sessions) according to very insensitive and density required.
What you should know about the difference point between hair transplant and facial hair transplant?
The hair of the face is thicker comparing to scalp hair. The follicles of the face are with one single or two hairs. It is rare to have follicles with more hairs. During the facial hair transplant with the FUE method, the doctor should obtain follicles that have hairs with single or double hairs mainly.
Beard Transplantation Process
- The doctor analyses and determines the donor area from which the hair follicles will be picked.
- He removes the grafts one by one with a fine micro-punch (0.7 to 0.9 mm diameter depending on the quality of the hair) under a local anaesthesia.
- The follicles are preserved
- It consists of making on the area where the beard transplant will be performed numerous small incisions which are about 1 millimetre wide, called slits, using a sapphire micro-slide or a triple bevel needle.
- Finally, he places the micro-grafts very carefully one by one in each incision using a micro-clamp or a special implanter. In the area where the thinning has occurred.